Let's do this...

 


I used to write all the time. Film reviews, lists, essays, critical musings, etc. It was a healthy outlet for me. A way to focus my love for television and theater and cinema into a productive forum that allowed my thoughts to gel in a cohesive fashion that also gave me something to focus on in the slow times. And believe me, there are a lot of slow times. 

I wrote for outlets like The Young Folks (I was even featured on Rotten Tomatoes for a while), The Racked Focus (RIP) and various blogs of my own - I operated cinemaxwell.com for a while and also had a fairly prolific (in terms of the amount of content) blog for years.

I stopped to focus on other things. Reviewing movies and writing essays became a chore and not the joy that it once was. I found myself watching movies through a different lens and at the time it took some of the passion and purity out of it for me.

Now? Now I feel ready to get back to it. And the wonder of doing this for myself is that I only have to write about what I want to write about. There's no obligation. No deadlines. No editors to impress. Frankly, I don't even care if anybody actually ever reads any of this. I just want to start putting some thoughts down for myself - and if someone reads it or enjoys it or takes something away from it, even better. So here we go! Let's do this.


First up? A review of the new MCU film Black Widow. Stay tuned for that shortly...



Comments

Popular Posts